Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What do you do when you get sidetracked?

Some of you already know that I'm a pretty random person. Ask any of my family and they'll tell you just how distracted I am. My favorite joke is: How many kids with ADD does it take to change a light bulb? Want to see my new bike! That pretty much is me. So, with that being said, I've been very distracted this week.


First we went to Greer for Labor Day. That was nice! I actually got some editing done on Saturday. But here it is Wednesday already, and I haven't even opened my document. 


I've given lots of advice on getting motivated, but how do you stay motivated? For me, it's a matter of actually sitting at the computer--making that commitment that no matter what, I am going to put in an hour of writing or editing or whatever it is that I "should" be doing. 


Today, it's blogging before writing. I've neglected both of my blogs for almost a month. I am so far behind on reviews.


So, come back tomorrow and I'll have a couple of reviews to post. 


Happy writing! (or editing as the case may be).  

6 comments:

  1. I agree that it's a choice of being committed instead of motivated. I haven't been committed to my writing and I haven't touched it in several weeks. That's next on the list to get committed to! I think I'm waiting until the anxiety of my first teaching experience (the writing class)is over before I can think about anything else!

    The only reason I exercised tonight was because I'm committed. If I'd depended on motivation I wouldn't have gotten off the couch and to the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes you just have to sit down and force your fingers to the keyboard. Or pen to the paper, which ever works best for you. Or your hiney off the couch. I go walking 1 hour 3 times a week. If I didn't have a walking buddy, I probably wouldn't do it. And thanks to Karen Hoover and Sprintwriter.com I have some motivation to keep me writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, blogging is my distracting point~! I've cut back, at least. :) It used to be Twitter, Facebook, etc. Ha ha...but, for me, I'm the same. I have to just discipine myself to sit down and write.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you can see I'm surfing blogs instead of writing. Thanks for the motivation. I'm turining off the internet and working on my novel now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two blogs that is to much for me. One blog once a week is all I can do right now. Best to you Betsy.
    Anna del C.
    Author of "The Silent Warrior Trilogy"
    http://www.annadelc.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It can be so frustrating when life pulls us away from our writing. Usually my " soundtrack" can get me back into my ms pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete