Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Boy meets World--Other-World

What do you get when a 14 year old boy, whose only goal in life is to make the basketball team, is chased into the woods by two giant wolves? You get a fantasy story about a boy who encounters a realm with as many diverse characters as Harry Potter. Andrea Pearson does an amazing job of setting up the rules for her urban/epic fantasy, The Key of Kilenya. She creates a strong character in Jacob Clark. 


Picture this: It's the day before tryouts, and Jacob is certain he will make the team. After being chased into the woods he discovers that he is no longer on earth, but has entered a new world full of creatures who want something from Jacob. The Lorkon want his magic, the Makalos are a race of people who want Jacob to get the key. 


Jacob and his new friend, Akeno journey through many lands and exciting adventures. I could hardly wait to see what would happen next. Pearson does a great job of creating believable characters and gripping suspense. 


Pearson left the story wide open for a series. There were many questions left unanswered. I can hardly wait to read the next book. Nice work Andrea! I highly recommend this book to teens and anyone who enjoys reading young adult fantasy. I can hardly wait to read the next book!


To purchase your copy click here.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review, Betsy! :-) And I can't wait for you to read the next book, either! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for your review. :-) I'm wondering how open you'd be to posting it on Amazon and Goodreads? I'd really, really appreciate it! :-)

    Amazon (Kindle):
    http://www.amazon.com/Key-Kilenya-ebook/dp/B0058KBQRS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1323978764&sr=1-1

    Goodreads:
    http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12416944-the-key-of-kilenya

    Thanks soooo much! :-) Also, I'm wondering if you'd be okay with me using bits of your review for blurbs and such? Let me know here (in case I don't find your response to my comment):
    apATandreapearsonbooksDOTcom. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete