May is National Short Story month. In honor of this, I am holding my second annual Short Story Contest! The theme this year is “Dare to Be.”
1. 1500 words or less (title not included)
2. No horror or sensual/errotica
3. All entries must be emailed to me by midnight May 31, 2012
4. Email entries to email@example.com
5. In the subject line put “Short Story Contest” and the title.
6. Cut and paste your story into the body of your email. (No attachments)
7. Include your name and contact information at the end of your email (Snail mail, daytime phone number, etc). The winner will receive a copy of a novel of their choice:
The top three winners will be published on this site sometime in June.
I’d also like some volunteers to judge the contest. If you are interested, and would like to help, please contact me at the same email.
Have fun! Get your creative brains going and write a killer short story.
As a quick side note, my fantasy trilogy began as a contest for a short story. You never know where this will lead you! If you have any questions please ask in the comment section below. Happy Writing!